Next stop Ko Tao

Well I'm back in Bangkok. So had to decide on where to go next. Wanted to visit Vietnam. But I've been told that Vietnam has a slight problem. Particularly in this season. Apparently because malaria is an issue in Vietnam and right now is the wet season. Which is really not the time to visit Vietnam without some form of malaria protection.

A funny thing happened in Chiang Mai. As I was taking the hotel bus to the night market. I started hearing Icelandic. Not because I've traveling so much on my own that I'm starting to hear voices. But because there actually were Icelanders on the bus. Turns out that a group of HR graduate students were actually traveling in Thailand. For a variety of reasons 2 couples ended up at the hotel I was staying in. So I had a bit of a chat at the bar the night before I left for Bangkok. Turns out that one couple is now in hospital, because of malaria drug side effects. So their doctor told them that in order to go to Chiang Mai, they needed malaria drugs. Which I was told were a) not needed and b) might have some serious side effects.

So having considered my options about Vietnam. I decided it simply wasn't going to be worth doing. Not this time around. So next stop will be Turtle island. Which sometimes looks like this.

Ummæli

Vinsælar færslur