Feeling Sickly on Vacation

Since I haven’t been able to get my laptop connected and the Icelandic is just going to look weird, I decided to write this in English. Thailand is a weird place, weird but nice. The country looks like it’s not just gone fully for modernity. Instead this place is a mixture of traditions, modernity and the shining objects of high technology. Just because everyone here can’t afford a computer, doesn’t mean that they can’t access the Internet. All they need are about 10 bath and they can get online for half an hour. This is time enough to read your e-mail and even do some serious work if you know what you are doing. Which I, haven’t been able to do over the last few days.

The thing is I feel sick. I got a cold in Bangkok which makes me feel dizzy and my chest feels like shit. So instead of feeling great in Thailand, I’m not feeling at all like myself. So I started by getting Tylenol, Strepsils and Streptuss AX in Bangkok and flew up to Chiang Mai. Not only is the weather nicer here, not as hot and humid, but there’s a lot less pollution. However, having spent the day here, I’m still not feeling all that great. But tomorrow I’m booked on a 2 day hike. The hike includes hiking, Elephant riding, river-rafting, swimming and staying with the local tribes overnight, before returning to Chiang Mai. This might kill me, but today I found a local drugstore which sold me cold medicine (D-Coate) and in the local Tesco store (yeah, strangely enough they have Tesco all over this country) I found some drink called Wakie. So I think I’m all set for my adventure tomorrow.

Chiang Mai is nice. After the madness of Bangkok this just feels right. Particularly as I try to get better. The pace is slower. This is Akureyri to Reykjavik for sure. For someone with a cold, Bangkok just wasn’t it. After this I still don’t know where I’m heading next. Possibly Chiang Rai and it’s tempting to cross over to Laos. I might just to head for more sunshine, as it’s been overcast since I got here. No blue sky, but plenty of warm weather and I’ve hardly seen any rain. Also this is by far the best hotel I’ve stayed in. Huge room, balcony, pool, breakfast and a welcome drink, but unfortunately the restaurant has live music. No I won’t even try to explain what a guy with a synth a mic does for my head right now.

Check it out right here - Chiang Mai Gate Hotel

Ummæli

Vinsælar færslur