End of Summer

I've been thinking about this blog for some time now. Ever since I got back from my Asia journey in fact. Somehow I've started to use Facebook a lot more for my everyday hangout online. Plus I've now got another little side project going. So I haven't been writing much here lately. Then I figured it out. It's actually the Icelandic summer.

You see, the Icelandic summer is so bright and I've been so happy that I haven't felt like writing much. I've been so busy with other things that the thoughts that float around in my head have simply found another channel. Another reason has been that I've gotten to know people outside of Iceland and even though this is purely written for me. I somehow felt obliged to write in English so that they would understand it as well.

Writing is something that I do to keep myself happy. I don't write for someone. It's just something that I feel I need to do from time to time. It's also something I find easy to do. The thoughts somehow just float out through my fingers. It's an urge that I get from time to time. I simply just want to share what's going on in my life. Something I feel that I must get off my chest. Recently I just haven't found the urge to do so. So it's been quiet here. But that's now about to change. I can feel a few things that want to come out. So to my friends abroad who might read this and it's in Icelandic. Just ask and I'll be happy to share.

This however, is in English and there's a reason for that. I want to share with you my delight in a few things that I've discovered over the past few weeks. After getting back from my journey it took me awhile to adjust. It was strange. I would wake up and it took me a few moments to realise that I wasn't somewhere on the road. Things that had been interesting here in Iceland seemed a lot less so. The whole experience had changed me in ways that I didn't expect. It also brought home to me the power of this thing. The online experience which I live everyday is also a tool to bring me closer to people I wouldn't have gotten to know. That through it I can learn more about the places and cultures that I visited. To keep in touch with friends I made along the way. So now that I've decided to visit Hong Kong again I'm reading more about Hong Kong and China. Trying to learn some Cantonese before I go again. In the hope that I can understand a little more about the place and even be able to speak a bit. Because of that interest I found a great podcast called Naked Cantonese. It's part of a program on RTHK which is a public service broadcaster in Hong Kong called Naked Lunch. A real lighthearted approach to learning Cantonese but also a great way to learn a bit about the culture in Hong Kong and in the rest of China. What surprised me is that the person teaching Canto is from Norway. She moved to Hong Kong after spending several years in China and has her own little blog - China Droll - which I can also recommend. It's been great fun to listen to this program, both via the pod cast and live from the RTHK website.

So I'm back to blogging again. The summer vacation is over.

Ummæli

Vinsælar færslur