Eat Less, Live Longer, Feel Younger

It takes me enough time to get from home to work to enjoy some radio time. Yeah, I'm old fashioned that way. I love listening to serious conversation on the radio. As a matter of fact, ever since my communications studies in the last century I've loved radio. Not the talk radio type that N-American readers might know. To me that's just like listening to static. No, the radio I like is the stuff that's created and delivered by the likes of BBC Radio 4, Radio 7 and the World Service. Say what you will about the British, but they do know how to create world class radio services.

So on my way to work I learned that by eating less. Being on something called the calorie restricted diet. Which is essentially staying below 30% of the daily recommended calorie intake. You can live longer and stay younger while you do it.

"It involved reducing calorie intake by 30% while maintaining nutrition and appeared to impact upon many forms of age-related disease seen in monkeys, including cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and brain atrophy."

Read the full news item here

Ummæli

sapphire sagði…
BBC radio rocks. But my favorite show is Wait Wait, Don't Tell me from NPR.org. You can listen to it via iTunes or their site.

Thought, I don't mind eating my bowl of ice cream if it keeps me a bit happier, even if I have to live a few days less. ;)

Vinsælar færslur