I Used Public Transportation Today

Today I took the bus. This is not something I do on an everyday basis. Like everyone with the means and a driver licence in Iceland, I have my own car. So taking the bus is something I don't do on an every day basis. Mostly it's to collect my car after a night on the town. But today I had to leave my car to get fixed. For the third time this year actually. First it got hit by someone while being parked by the airport. Then it got vandalized while I was traveling. Not by the airport that time. This time around it was simply me not being quite awake while driving. You see I live by a quiet street. A one way street. So most of the time there's not a lot of traffic in the morning when I leave for work. But this time around I bumped into a car. All my own fault. No doubt about it. Unfortunately my fender was a bit worse for wear afterwards and so I had to bring the car in. Nothing major and just minor damage. At first glance I couldn't even see any damage to the other car and to be honest I think it was just my fender connecting with his tire.

Because of this I took a taxi to work this morning. Had a nice conversation on the way with the taxi driver. It's remarkable how you can chat with taxi drivers here about everything. This morning it was all about driving in the morning though. I told him about my bad luck. He wasn't really surprised. The corner where it happened is exactly the kind of thight spot where you need to be careful. Now I figured that I could easily have taken the bus this morning. But I woke up a little later than planned. So it wasn't a real option. Going home was another story. I took my time. It gave me an oportunity to get some photos for my side project. 7 Seconds of Separation. If you haven't already checked it out. Please do. It's actually getting to be a really nice photoblog. Something I'm doing with 3 of my friends. One in Hong Kong, another in Stockholm and the third one in Montreal. We post 3 times per week and it's been amazing to watch it grow. To become a digital documentary and an artwork in progress.

Ummæli

Vinsælar færslur